Valentines Day can be a bit stressful for those searching. It’s best to approach such a day completely randomly. A week ago the preparations were already massively underway. So much red, so much pink and so much advice that will teach any man how to cry. But then again hearts and cupids can be fun and even a bit mischievous. Something, though seems to have gotten a hold of retail to don a certain lavishness not seen before. While performing a bit of predatory shopping happened upon a sight. Is it perhaps because we are all already so interconnected?
Sorry for the blur but it really does say Crush-worthy * D E A L S *. This kind of cheekiness is genuine public service to relieve some of the pressures associated with our official day for love. The excitement already started to build when #ActivistPickUpLines started trending:
Suddenly an invite popped up for an event at the Chocolate Factory in Bushwick that promised less thinking about me + you with a keen mission to fundraise for a school in Kathmandu. Quite romantic search for love on a mission to Kathmandu, who could resist? Whipped up some chocolate treats and headed to the chocolate factory in Bushwick. The dance floor was in full swing, we all had a delicious time.
Find out more about the Kathmandu project in Nepal from the 108 Lives Project. The sugar free / dairy free chocolate recipe that sustained us that night, which might sustain your journey to Kathmandu:
- Virgin coconut oil
- Cocoa powder
- Stevia extract
- Raw unfiltered honey
- Raw unsalted hazelnuts
- Himalayan pink salt
- Freshly ground green pepper corns
- Heat the coconut oil.
- Crisp the hazelnuts in the hot oil.
- Take the pan off the fire and begin to heat with a double pan of water.
- Add the cocoa until the oil begins to get thick.
- Add the stevia a few drops at a time until a sweetness starts to show in the taste.
- Grind the green pepper into the mixture and drizzle on the coarse salt.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the raw honey.
- Fill silicon forms and chill in freezer for thirty minutes.
- Wrap in cellophane and chill some more.